Main content | back to top
Shell V-Power® Premium Gasoline
Shell V-Power, designed to deliver optimum performance through advanced technology.
For more than 100 years, Shell has been providing motorists with quality fuels. Shell is dedicated to continuous product improvement and innovation and strives to provide drivers with gasolines that can meet the needs of their vehicle and help improve vehicle performance.
Whether a premium vehicle owner, general auto enthusiast, tuner or motorcyclist, you know that performance counts. At Shell, we believe great performance begins with a clean engine. Shell V-Power is designed to deliver optimum performance through advanced technology.
Shell V-Power is our best, most advanced gasoline that contains the highest concentration of the Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System, a unique and patented formula exclusive to Shell. With five times the cleaning agents required by federal standards, Shell V-Power premium gasoline cleans up engine gunk faster than Shell Bronze and is designed for all vehicles – even today's most complex and advanced vehicles.
No other premium gasoline keeps your engine cleaner than Shell V-Power premium gasoline.
Not all premium gasolines are the same. Just like using lower quality regular gasoline can lead to gunky build-up, using lower quality premium gasolines can have the same impact on your engine.
Shell V-Power premium gasoline is designed to deliver optimum performance. Shell V-Power gasoline contains the highest concentration of the Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System, a unique, patented formula exclusive to Shell. With five times the cleaning agents required by federal standards, Shell V-Power premium gasoline helps remove gunky build-up from your vehicle’s intake valves and fuel injectors and actively protects it from performance-robbing gunk.
Shell V-Power gasoline exceeds the stringent requirements of the world’s top automakers - Audi, BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota and Volkswagen – and is certified as a TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline. These auto manufacturers recognize that a clean engine allows the engine to perform at optimum efficiency levels and recommend high-quality fuels to power their vehicles (for more information, visit www.shell.ca/toptier).
To understand how Shell V-Power gasoline works, you need to understand how your vehicle works.
Most vehicles on the road today have a computer-monitored engine that operates in a four-part combustion cycle: intake of fuel and air, compression of the mixture, ignition and subsequent release of power, and finally, exhaustion of the combustion products. A vehicle's engine needs to draw fuel and air in precise quantities to allow for proper combustion and engine operations under all driving conditions.
Engines "breathe" most efficiently when they have the right mix of air and gasoline to burn together. Gunky build-up resulting from the use of lower quality gasolines can reduce an engine's ability to breathe. With five times the amount of cleaning agents required by federal standards, Shell V-Power premium gasoline actively cleans up engine gunk on intake valves and injectors even faster than other grades of Shell gasoline, helping your vehicle maintain optimum performance.
Today's engines are evolving and one technology at the forefront is a direct injection gasoline engine. With this system, the fuel injector moves directly into the combustion chamber subjecting the injector to greater heat and pressure. This can result in a breakdown of the cleaning agents in today's conventional additive formulations. Shell V-Power premium gasoline is designed to maintain thermal stability under extremely hot engine temperatures found in today's most advanced fuel-efficient engines.
Shell V-Power premium gasoline, designed to deliver optimum performance through advanced technology. No other premium gasoline keeps your engine cleaner.
How is Shell V-Power premium gasoline different than Shell Bronze and Shell Silver grades?
- Shell V-Power premium gasoline is Shell’s highest octane gasoline.
- Shell V-Power is the best, most advanced Shell gasoline designed to deliver optimum performance through advanced technology.
- Shell V-Power contains the highest concentration of the Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System.
- With five times the cleaning agents required by federal standards, Shell V-Power helps to clean up performance-robbing engine gunk even faster than Shell Bronze gasoline.
Is Shell V-Power premium gasoline safe for all vehicles?
- Shell V-Power is effective in all gasoline-powered engines found in conventional, modern and hybrid vehicles as well as motorcycles, snowmobiles, and leisure marine vehicles.
- Tested in today’s advanced turbo-charged and direct injection engines, Shell V-Power helps resist thermal breakdown at high temperatures, actively protecting against gunk under tough engine conditions.
- Shell V-Power premium gasoline in Canada does not contain ethanol.
Why buy Shell V-Power premium gasoline?
- If a vehicle’s owner manual recommends a high octane gasoline, a driver should consider purchasing a premium gasoline like Shell V-Power.
- Shell V-Power is for drivers who care about their engines and want them to perform at their best. As our most advanced gasoline, with the highest concentration of the ShellNitrogen Enriched Cleaning System, Shell V-Power provides maximum protection of intake valves and fuel injectors.
- A clean engine can result in better fuel efficiency, reduced emissions and overall optimal vehicle performance.No other premium gasoline keeps your cleaner than Shell V-Power premium gasoline.
- Premium grade gasoline references octane level, but is not always equal in premium quality. Using lower-quality premium gasolines can allow gunk to build up on critical engine parts. Tests prove that Shell V-Power can begin removing build-up with the first tank and help protect against the formation of new build-up.
How quickly does Shell V-Power gasoline work to clean up engine gunk?
Shell V-Power gasoline is designed to begin removing gunky build-up left behind by lower-quality gasolines with initial use.
What is the octane rating of Shell V-Power gasoline?
The octane level of Shell V-Power premium gasoline is 91. The octane rating tells you its anti-knock abilities - or how it will prevent engine knocking. It's important to point out however that octane is not the only factor to consider when choosing a gasoline. The benefits of Shell V-Power gasoline, for example, go beyond high octane. With more than five times the minimum amount of cleaning agents required by federal standards, Shell V-Power premium gasoline is designed to deliver optimum performance.
Does a vehicle benefit from increased octane?
Different vehicles require different levels of octane. To determine the appropriate octane level for your vehicle, check your owner's manual for the manufacturer's recommendation. It is important, however to note that not all premium gasolines are the same. Just like using lower quality regular gasoline can lead to gunky build-up, using lower quality premium gasolines can have the same impact on your engine.
Using a high-quality premium gasoline can provide benefits that go beyond octane. For example, Shell V-Power gasoline is our best gasoline containing the highest concentration of ShellNitrogen Enriched cleaning system, designed to clean up faster than Shell Bronze gasoline and deliver optimum performance.
What is the link between Shell and the Ferrari Formula One Racing Team?
Shell began its technical partnership with Enzo Ferrari in the 1930s and in 1947 the first Ferrari drove out of the factory gates in Maranello, Italy, powered by Shell gasoline. Every time you see the red Formula One Ferrari race car making its way around the circuit, it is powered by fuel specially developed, manufactured and supplied by Shell.
As Scuderia Ferrari's fuel technology consultant, we have developed expertise and knowledge in matching the correct fuel to new engine designs and technical developments made by Ferrari. This ability is well recognized as being an essential element of their winning team. In fact, the Shell scientists who work with the Ferrari engineers at the track are the same people who are driving developments for Shell road fuels. The Ferrari relationship reiterates our commitment and passion to bringing technologically advanced fuels to our customers. Shell V-Power premium gasoline is inspired by technology innovations for Scuderia Ferrari.
Does Shell V-Power premium gasoline meet the TOP TIER Gasoline?
Shell V-Power premium gasoline exceeds the TOP TIER Gasoline Detergent Standard and is Top Tier certified (for more information, visit www.shell.ca/toptier).