Shell’s social investment program does not fund the following:
- Individuals or individual pursuits
- Golf tournaments, hockey tournaments, tennis, fishing or other sporting tournaments
- Sports – professional, recreational or minor sports teams
- For-profit organizations
- Trips, tours, and travel expenses
- Third party fundraiser or fundraising events
- Conferences, forums, trade shows, conventions, seminars (unless industry-related)
- Religious causes that do not serve the general public on a non-denominational basis
- Advertising, film, video, television and book productions
- Private foundations
- Fraternal and labour organizations/service clubs
- Private (fee-based) elementary or secondary schools
- Political parties or lobby groups
- Projects where benefits occur outside Canada (see below for other funding options)
Projects Outside of Canada
Please contact the Shell company in your country or visit the Shell Foundation website. The Shell Foundation is an independent grant-making charity registered in the UK with a global focus that has also supported Canadian projects in the past.
Contact us with any questions about Shell’s social investment program.
Attention: Social Investment Manager
P.O. Box 100, Stn. M
Calgary, Alberta T2P 2H5
New – Application deadlines for 2017
This year, in order to ensure a smoother and more efficient decision process, we have created three application intake periods, with deadlines for each period.
Applications will be reviewed after each deadline, and you can expect to receive a response to your application within 6 weeks of the deadline.
If you’re application is submitted after a deadline, it will not be reviewed until the next deadline.
Please submit your application within the timelines indicated and far enough in advance to meet your funding request.
|April 1st||Applications submitted from January 1st – April 1st will be reviewed starting April 1st. |
Applications received after April 1st will be reviewed after the next deadline, July 1st.
|July 1st||Applications submitted from April 2nd – July 1st will be reviewed starting July 1st. |
Applications received after July 1st will be reviewed after the next deadline, October 1st.
|October 1st||Applications submitted from July 2nd – October 1st will be reviewed starting October 1st. |
This will be the final date for submissions for 2017.