Shell’s social investment program does not fund the following:
- Individuals or individual pursuits
- Golf tournaments, hockey tournaments, tennis, fishing or other sporting tournaments
- Sports – professional, recreational or minor sports teams
- Operating expenses
- For-profit organizations
- Trips, tours, and travel expenses
- Third party fund-raisers or fund-raising events
- Conferences, forums, trade shows, conventions, seminars (unless industry-related)
- Religious causes that do not serve the general public on a non-denominational basis
- Advertising, film, video, television and book productions
- Private foundations
- Fraternal and labour organizations/service clubs
- Private (fee-based) elementary or secondary schools
- Political parties or lobby groups
- Projects where benefits occur outside Canada (see below for other funding options)
Projects Outside of Canada
Please contact the Shell company in your country or visit the Shell Foundation website. The Shell Foundation is an independent grant-making charity registered in the UK with a global focus that has also supported Canadian projects in the past.
Contact us with any questions about Shell’s social investment program.
Attention: Social Investment Manager
P.O. Box 100, Stn. M
Calgary, Alberta T2P 2H5
Projects in Communities Neighbouring our Business Activities
Shell provides funding for community projects that are located near our facilities and exploration interests throughout Canada.
In these communities, we meet with our neighbours to understand the key community issues. To meet these priorities, we may extend our social investments beyond our core areas of Environment, Education and Employees to include initiatives that address social, health and other local concerns.
Preference is given to social investment projects that provide measurable societal benefits and are financially and operationally sustainable beyond Shell’s investment. Examples of local funding initiatives range from community health to economic development and K to 12 educational programs.
You may also visit the relevant facility section of our website for more information about our business activities.