Location: 250 Laurier Boulevard, Brockville, Ontario
Employees: 70 full-time and 15 contractors
Shell’s Brockville Lubricants Plant is the largest blender and packager of retail passenger-car motor oils in Canada, manufacturing multiple lubricant products resulting in the production of over 2,500 finished goods, and the newest facility of its type in North America.
Most products produced at the plant bear the Shell, Quaker State and Pennzoil brands, plus many are produced for sale by other companies as private-label products in domestic and international markets. The Quaker State and Pennzoil brands are part of the Shell Lubricants brand portfolio as Shell purchased the Pennzoil-Quaker State Company in 2002.
Several years ago the Brockville plant was selected to be the sole North American supplier of AeroShell aviation lubricants, used in small piston-engine aircraft. To manage this work and increased demand for Pennzoil and Quaker State brands, a $20 million expansion project was completed in 2007. This work included:
- Installing 12 new bulk-storage tanks;
- Expanding the railway siding and offloading facility;
- Installing a new, highly automated production line with a computer-controlled robotic arm that lifts and places four cases of product at a time.
Working to Shell’s highest standards of product quality, environmental responsibility and safety, the plant is both ISO 14001 and ISO 9001:2008 registered.
- 2018 Annual Public Reporting for Toxic substances Zinc and its Compounds
- 2018 Annual Reporting for Toxic Substances Phosphorus Total
- Brockville Lubricants Plant TRA plan Summary Report for Phosphorus
- Brockville Lubricants Plant: Toxic Substance Reduction Plan Public Summary Report for Zinc (NA-14) November 22, 2012
- View the Shell Brockville Lubricants Plant ‘Toxic Reduction Act’ Public Report online
- 2017 Annual Public Reporting for Toxic Substances Phosphorus Total
- 2017 Annual Public Reporting for Toxic Substances Zinc and its Compounds
- 2016 Annual Public Reporting for Toxic Substances Phosphorus
- 2016 Annual Public Reporting for Toxic Substances Zinc
- 2015 Annual Public Reporting for Toxic Substances – Phosphorus
- 2015 Annual Public Reporting for Toxic Substances – Zinc