Shell Scotford has operated in northern Strathcona County near Fort Saskatchewan for more than 30 years and is recognized as one of the area’s largest employers and a valued neighbour to the local communities. Shell Scotford creates regular opportunities – both formal and informal – for community members to learn more about our operations, ask questions and share any concerns they may have.
Shell also contributes to the general well-being of the communities near our operations through community investment as well as volunteerism.
Scotford Community Grants
Shell Scotford supports community non-profit organizations in many ways, including our Scotford Community Grants Program. For more information about this program, visit this webpage.
Community Service Fund
Shell Scotford also recognizes the thousands of volunteer hours our employees donate to the community each year through our Community Service Fund program. Hundreds of not-for-profit organizations and associations benefit from this program, receiving a grant of up to $1,000 where Shell employees regularly volunteer.
For more information about our Community Service Fund, visit this webpage.
Shell Scotford is proud of its efforts to maximizing positive benefits in our community. Some of the community initiatives we have supported include the following organizations:
- Tree Canada
- United Way
- Josephburg Agricultural Society
- International Women’s Day
- Habitat For Humanity
- Fort Saskatchewan Families First Society
- Strathcona County Library Bookmobile
- Fort Saskatchewan Public Library
- Bruderheim Fire Department
- Fort Saskatchewan Fire Department
- Shell Theatre in Fort Saskatchewan
- Boys & Girls of Club of Fort Saskatchewan
- Fort Saskatchewan Community Hospital
- Various Elementary Schools (STEM)
We listen to our community and they tell us that volunteers are their greatest need. To help, Shell Scotford encourages employee volunteer participation by providing paid time off for employees to volunteer as part of our Community Crew with various non-profit groups throughout Strathcona County, Fort Saskatchewan and Bruderheim.
Shell Scotford is a proud member of our community. We are grateful for your support. As such, we are always excited when our efforts are recognized. Awards, such as the following, have been proudly accepted by our team in the recent past:
- Industry Excellence (Fort Sask. Chamber of Commerce) – 2017
- Community Service & Involvement (Sherwood Park Chamber of Commerce) – 2017
- Business of the Year (Sherwood Park Chamber of Commerce) – 2016
- Industry Excellence (Fort Sask. Chamber of Commerce) – 2015
- Quantum Leap Award (United Way Alberta Capital Region) – 2014
- Mayor’s Award – Best Overall Entry (K-Days Parade) – 2014
- Environmental Protection & Occupational Safety (Sherwood Park Chamber of Commerce) – 2013
Our Community Newsletter
Twice each year Shell Scotford publishes and distributes our newsletter, Community Connections, to all homes in Fort Saskatchewan, Bruderheim and northern Strathcona County. To read the most-recent editions, visit the following links: