In the development and exploitation of our open pits, mining geologists are involved in everything from ore grading to material classification to sophisticated computer modelling. From start-up drilling to reclamation, this role is essential to the production team.
As a mining geologist, you’ll be intimately involved in all aspects of pit production quality and grade control. If you’re looking for a fast-paced challenge with immense job satisfaction, this could be it.
As a Mining Geologist, expect to be the go-to person for:
- Geologic guidance to mine planning and operations.
- Interpretation of Geologic Setting and its influence on production.
- In-pit lithologic and recovery quality mapping and modelling.
- Material classification for pit infrastructure construction, and
- Development of drilling and sampling programs to improve material selection data.
Hot Jobs in Mining Geology
More in Professionals
Explore career opportunities and discover how you can make an impact with Shell.
Joining the Shell Talent Community is the best way for you to stay informed about global career opportunities in your area of expertise and keep up to date with relevant news and events.