As a Mining Geotechnical Engineer, you’ll be front and centre of the effort to ensure the continued safety and stability of all dumps, dykes and pit walls. Ultimately, your input will be essential to the ongoing operational viability of the pit.
As a Mining Geotechnical Engineer, expect to be involved in:
- Liaison with Mine Operations and Mine Planning staff to ensure effective and efficient design execution.
- Development and co-ordination of geotechnical, geophysical or hydrological data acquisition and analysis programs.
- The design and construction oversight of dykes, dumps and stockpiles, pit wall re-sloping and pit dewatering.
- Support of pit production through dump, highwall and shovel face stability monitoring and design compliance.
- Generation of dyke and dump management guidelines for optimized production.