Geotechnical skills are critical to the design and safe operation of all on-site earthwork structures. From conception to maintenance to closure, our input to pit construction is crucial.
As a Mining Geotechnical Engineer, you’ll be front and centre of the effort to ensure the continued safety and stability of all dumps, dykes and pit walls. Ultimately, your input will be essential to the ongoing operational viability of the pit.
As a Mining Geotechnical Engineer, expect to be involved in:
- Liaison with Mine Operations and Mine Planning staff to ensure effective and efficient design execution.
- Development and co-ordination of geotechnical, geophysical or hydrological data acquisition and analysis programs.
- The design and construction oversight of dykes, dumps and stockpiles, pit wall re-sloping and pit dewatering.
- Support of pit production through dump, highwall and shovel face stability monitoring and design compliance.
- Generation of dyke and dump management guidelines for optimized production.
Hot Jobs in Mining Geotechnical
More in Professionals
Explore career opportunities and discover how you can make an impact with Shell.
Joining the Shell Talent Community is the best way for you to stay informed about global career opportunities in your area of expertise and keep up to date with relevant news and events.