The Power of Shell
The World’s Largest Single Branded Retail Business
Shell is the world’s largest single branded retail business and is the preferred brand of millions of customers across the globe.
The Best Premium Gasoline
Shell is a world leader in Premium fuels. Developed with Ferrari, BMW and top-tier scientists, Shell is the only company that offers customers triple protection against wear, gunk and corrosion.
The Best Loyalty Program
Shell has a long-standing alliance with the most successful loyalty program in Canada: AIR MILES®. With active accounts for over two-thirds of Canadian households and a widespread loyalty network, AIR MILES® offers retailers another way to expand their business.
The Best Marketing
Shell invests millions of dollars annually on retail marketing, advertising and promotion to support your business. Working with BMW and Scuderia Ferrari, we deliver real product differentiation.
The Best Support
We all need help to succeed. That’s why we offer retailers 24/7 IT support, 24/7 Site Operations Support and a fully bilingual Customer Support Centre.
A New Business Opportunity
The Multi Site Operation
- Run your business with one of the world’s leading brands and operate multiple existing Shell retail facilities grouped together.
- Number of sites can range from 1-4 sites
- Shell’s new retail business opportunity provides many benefits to a potential Business Operator:
- Shell’s proven operating system
- Existing structures and businesses to expand your business portfolio
- No franchise fee
- No capital assets to acquire
- Strong fuels and exceptional Convenience Retail offering
- Minimal investment with strong return-on-investment potential
- Low risk and predictable cash flow operating model
- Major maintenance, utilities and insurance paid by Shell
- Comprehensive convenience store offer with Shell’s Select program
- A complete Retailer training and coaching programs
- Business support by a world-class team including a direct relationship with a Shell Territory Manager
Current opportunities and support
The Cluster Retailer
Maximize your potential
Review the Cluster Retailer requirements to ensure a successful match!
- The total investment required ranges from $300,000 to $800,000 and includes:
- Ownership of convenience store inventory
- Operating capital
- Security deposit
- Training fee
- A referral to a Financial Institution that understands the Shell Cluster program is available as part of the application process.
- Your business investment will depend on the number of sites in the Cluster and vary based on site characteristics and geographical location.
- Minimum of 5 years in an owner , director or senior level management role in the Retail or Service industry with Profit & Loss responsibilities
- Senior level management experience with multiple units or direct supervision of 15 employees or more would be considered a strong asset
Personal Business Profile
- Passionate about Customer Service
- Committed to safety at all levels
- Has the vision and passion to drive growth
- Demonstrated ability to execute programs within guidelines and strives to exceed the standards
- Strong capacity to interpret financial statements
- Lead with the talent to obtain results through others
- Comfortable with technologies
- Communicates well in either English or French
- Please note: Ownership of other non-competing businesses is allowed
Deliver a consistent Customer Value Proposition every day
- As a Cluster Retailer with Shell, you are an independent corporate company that manages the business and all related aspects.
- You will bring your skills, business experience, enthusiasm and commitment. Shell supplies the service stations, the fuel, a proven global operating model, a comprehensive Retailer Training program, and ongoing support. In short, we will strive to grow the business!
- As an independent Business Operator:
- You will receive commission on all fuel sales as well as profit from all convenience store and car wash sales, and can see growth in your first year.
- You will be expected to pay agreed royalties to Shell.
- You will deliver the Customer Value Proposition as established by Shell.
- You own the store inventory and set your own prices up to a maximum. Core product range within the convenience store is defined by Shell.
- You grow the business and exceed estimated sales while controlling your costs, and your income will increase as a result.
- You employ and manage your own staff.
- Your earnings potential will depend on several factors including size, characteristics and location of the Cluster.
Did You Know…
- Shell V-Power has been Ferrari’s choice for improved performance for over 60 years.
- There are over 45,000 service stations in more than 90 countries