1. Understand the STAR method
During your interview, you’ll be evaluated using the STAR method. STAR stands for - Situation, Task, Action, and Result. It’s a behavioural interview technique that focuses on discussing a candidate’s concrete experiences:
- Situation - describe the situation you were in.
- Task - what were the goals you set out to accomplish?
- Action - what actions did you take to accomplish them?
- Results - what were the measurable results of your actions?
Preparing a mental list of life and career situations that you can share and the relevant details will enable you to deliver stronger responses.