Best Customer Swipe Contest
Opt in to enter for your chance to win 100,000 AIR MILES Reward Miles.
Shell’s “Best Customer Swipe Contest”– July 12, 2018– August 9, 2018 – Draft 3
- GENERAL: Participation in the Shell Best CustomerContest, (the “Contest”) constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Contest rules (“Official Rules”), which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To obtain an Entry without purchase, you must 1) have received the Shell Canada “Best Customer” contest email from The AIR MILES® Reward Program and clicked on the “opt in” button contained in that email and then 2) send a request for one (including your AIR MILES Collector Number), with a printed copy of your “Best Customer” contest email, together with a self-addressed postage-paid envelope to: Shell “Best Customer Contest”, 2050 Codlin Crescent, Unit #3, Toronto, Ontario, M9W 7J2.
An Entry confirmation will be returned in each self-addressed, postage-paid envelope received. Only one request can be made per external envelope. Requests must be received by July 25, 2018 at the above address for timely processing and return; any requests received after such date will not be processed.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Shell Canada Products, 400 4th Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 2H5 (“Sponsor”).
- CONTEST GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Contest opens at 12:00:01 a.m. on July 12, 2018 and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. on August 9, 2018, (the “Contest Period”). All time references in these Official Rules refer to Eastern Standard Time.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry with a valid AIR MILES® Collector Account. Employees of Shell Canada Limited, its parent entity, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, you must first 1) open the Shell Canada “Best Customer” contest email you received from the AIR MILES Reward Program and click on the “opt in” button contained in that email and then 2) make a purchase(s) from any participating Shell retail fuel station (excluding Shell Flying J locations) in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia and Northwest Territories during the Contest Period and swipe (or key in) a valid AIR MILES Card (or Collector Number) at the time of transaction (each, an "Entry"). Eligible purchases exclude tobacco, Shell gift cards, and service bay repairs. One Entry per eligible purchase.
For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the Entrant is the individual in whose name the AIR MILES Collector Number has been established and this is the individual to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
The Sponsor is not responsible for failed, late, lost, incomplete, undeliverable, incorrect, damaged or misdirected Entries for any reason. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged other than as outlined in Rule 2.
- PRIZE: One (1) Prize to be awarded consisting of One hundred thousand (100,000) AIR MILES Reward Miles.
The approximate retail value of AIR MILES® Reward Miles prize depends on the chosen method of redemption, available reward options at the time of redemption, and the set preference between AIR MILES Cash and AIR MILES Dream balances.
If redeemed with AIR MILES Cash, 95 Cash Miles can be used in-store for $10 towards purchases at participating AIR MILES Partners or 95 Cash Miles can be used online for eVouchers for $10 worth of value at participating Reward Partners. If redeemed for flights (1,200 Reward Mile minimum required for flight redemption), value depends on destination chosen, date of travel and use of multiple carriers or suppliers.
- For example, one return economy flight in low season departure from Toronto, Ontario to Winnipeg, Manitoba is 2,000 AIR MILES Reward Miles and has an approximate value of $525.00 (Canadian) excluding taxes. Winner must pay applicable taxes, related transportation fees, governmental levies, excess baggage and other non-ticket costs. The value of AIR MILES® Reward Miles used for non-flight reward options depends on reward options in effect at the time of redemption. AIR MILES Reward Miles prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time. AIR MILES Reward Miles prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of Entries received. No limit of Entries per person per day during the Contest Periodregardless of method of entry used. Entrants may increase odds of winning by successfully submitting multiple valid Entries during the Contest Period in accordance with these Official Rules.
- PRIZE SELECTION: One (1) Entry will be selected (“Selected Entrant”) at the end of the Contest Period by random draw from all Entries received. The Draw will be made on Friday, August 13, 2018 at or about 11:00 a.m. EST.
- NOTIFICATION: Selected Entrants will be notified by email within five (5) business days of selection using the email address that is currentlyassociated with the AIR MILES Collector Number used to obtain the entry. The Sponsor shall have no liability if the notification is lost, intercepted or not received by a Selected Entrant for any reason.
A response to the Notification must be received by the Sponsor within five (5) business days thereof, failing which any non-responsive Selected Entrant will be disqualified and will forfeit any applicable Prize. Any Selected Entrant that has been disqualified shall have no recourse against the Sponsor and the Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to disqualified Selected Entrants.
- DECLARATION OF WINNERS AND AWARDING PRIZES: To be declared a Prize winner and to receive a Prize, the Selected Entrant must 1) meet all Contest eligibility requirements and comply with the Official Rules and 2) correctly answer, unaided, a time-sensitive, skill-testing mathematical question. The Sponsor may require Selected Entrants to verify eligibility and may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Selected Entrant that cannot verify all Contest eligibility requirements.
If a Selected Entrant is disqualified or forfeits a Prize, an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected by random draw from all remaining Entries until a winner is declared.
The Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Prize winner other than the Prize awarded. The Prize will be electronically deposited into theAIR MILES Collector Account of thePrize winner.
Allow two to four weeks for deposit.To ensure that the winner receives the Prize in his or her preferred balance, winner should ensure his or her balance preferences (AIR MILES Cash balance and AIR MILES Dream balance) are set as desired prior to the Prize being posted in his/her Collector Account. Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute a Prize for another Prize or Prizes of equal or greater value.
The Prize winner will be posted at www.shell.ca/bestcustomer within four weeks following the end of the Contest Period.
- GENERAL: By participating, all Entrants agree a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; and b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, LoyaltyOne,Co. (“LoyaltyOne”) their affiliates, subsidiaries and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for claims/damages, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury (including death) or property damage, with respect to or arising from participation in the Contest and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, or for claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or intrusion of privacy.
- USE OF INFORMATION: Entrants acknowledge and agree that, by entering the Contest, they consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest and for internal analysis of participant demographics for future marketing. Entrants who win a Prize also consent to the use and disclosure of their personal information, including name, likenesses, city of residence and/or statement about the Prize, by the Sponsors and their agents or representatives, for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes, in any media, to the extent permitted by applicable law, with no further compensation other than awarding of the Prize.
- LEGAL JURISDICTION: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree: (i) that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any Prize award shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta, and (ii) to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Contest or these Official Rules.
- LIABILITY: The Sponsor and LoyaltyOne shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Sponsorand LoyaltyOne accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or acceptance of a Prize. The Sponsorand LoyaltyOne will not be responsible for late, lost, undeliverable, illegible, incomplete, falsified, tampered with, altered or destroyed Entries for any reason and all such Entries will be void.
In the event it is determined that an Entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of Entries permitted by these Official Rules, the Entrant will be disqualified and all of the Entries submitted by the Entrant will be void. The Sponsor and LoyaltyOne is not responsible for any typographical, human or other error in the printing of the Contest and/or collateral advertising materials, administration of the Contest, processing of the Entries or in the announcement of the Prize winners or in any other materials or information associated with the Contest.
The Sponsorand LoyaltyOne will not be liable, and does not assume any responsibility, for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
Sponsorand LoyaltyOne is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by the Sponsor or LoyaltyOneon account of technical problems, or on account of traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.
The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or extend the Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice.
®™ Trademarks ofAM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.