Shell Go+ California Indy Race Contest
Open to residents of Canada ONLY
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: The Shell Go+ California Indy Race Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Shell Canada Products (the “Sponsor”). LoyaltyOne, Co. is in no way connected to the management of this Contest. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 01, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on July 02, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). Commencing on May 01, 2023, promotional emails, social media and signage at participating Shell stations across Canada, will be activated to advertise the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, an entrant must (a) be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority at time of entry in the province or territory in which he/she resides, (b) be a Shell Go+ Member at the onset of the Contest and throughout the Contest Period, (c) have a valid AIR MILES® collector number at the onset of the Contest and throughout the Contest Period, and (d) not be an employee of the Sponsor or its affiliated legal entities or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest:
i. Purchase Entry: During the Contest Period, within Canada, at a participating Shell station, make a minimum purchase of 30L of any Shell V-Power™ Fuels and scan, swipe, or key in a valid AIR MILES Collector Number at the time of transaction. Upon doing so, you will receive one (1) entry (a “Purchase Entry”) into the Prize Draw (see Rule 5). There is no limit on the number of Purchase Entries. Purchase Entries must be received by July 02, 2023 (the “Contest Close Date”).
ii. No Purchase Entry: On a plain piece of paper, hand-print your full name, AIR MILES Collector Number, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), a valid email address, write a maximum 100 word hand written essay on “Why I Shop at Shell” and mail to: The Shell Go+ California Indy Race Contest, Dept. 4365 (No Purchase Entry), BOX 9500 Lakeshore West PO, Oakville, ON L6K 0G4 (a “No Purchase Entry”). There is no limit to the number of No Purchase Entries submitted but each No Purchase Entry must be an original (no photocopies or other reproductions) and mailed in a separate envelope, bearing sufficient postage. No Purchase Entries must be received by the Contest Close Date.
Each “No Purchase Entry” and “Purchase Entry” will be referred to as an “Entry”. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the Entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete entries, which will be void.
4. PRIZES: There are two (2) Prizes available to be won, each consisting of a VIP experience trip for two (2) people (the winner and one (1) guest (the “Travel Guest”) to attend the California Laguna Seca IndyCar Finals race (the “Event”) on September 10, 2023. Each Prize includes: return economy airfare for the winner and their Travel Guest departing September 9, 2023 from the Canadian international airport closest to the winner’s residence (the “Departure Point”) to Monterey Regional Airport (airline and flight itinerary to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) and returning on September 11, 2023; two (2) nights’ standard accommodation in Monterey, California, at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa (the “Hotel”) based on a single room, double occupancy as determined and selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; ground transportation (as selected by the Sponsor) to and from Monterey Regional Airport and Hotel; two (2) seats at the Event (seating locations to be determined by the Sponsor); Race Day ground transportation (as selected by the Sponsor) between the Hotel and the Event and $400.00 (US) spending money issued in the form of a prepaid gift card. The total approximate retail value of each Prize is $6,300.00 (CDN) based on a Toronto, ON departure example. The actual retail value of each Prize may vary depending on the actual city of departure. No difference between the actual and approximate retail values will be awarded. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) The winner and his/her Travel Guest must travel on the same itinerary; (ii) The winner and their Travel Guest must have the appropriate identification required for airport check-in and will be responsible for any travel documents, including a valid passport at their own expense and obtaining a Covid-19 vaccine certificate prior to travel (if applicable). No compensation will be made if the trip is cancelled due to failure to obtain necessary travel documents or provide a Canadian Covid-19 vaccine or similar then required certificate; (iii) The costs of everything not specifically stated above as included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner and their Travel Guest including without limitation: transportation to and from the winner’s and/or Travel Guest’s residence to and from the departure airport; transportation while in Monterey, California; meals and drinks; gratuities; entertainment, except as provided above; insurance; items of personal nature (NOTE: the winner may be required to present a valid major credit card in the winner’s name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses); (iv) The Travel Guest (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of majority) must sign and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating (among other things) that he/she waives all recourse against the Releasees (as defined below) relating to his/her participation in the Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto); (v) There are no deviations as to travel allowed (i.e. length of stay, number of guests, flight stopovers, travel dates, etc.); (viii) Due to the nature of the Prize, a winner and their Travel Guest must be available to travel on the dates indicated or the Prize will be forfeited and no alternate dates or prizes will be provided; (ix) If a winner (and/or their Travel Guest) do not utilize any part(s) of a Prize or is unable to participate in the trip after the trip has been booked for any reason whatsoever, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in their entirety and nothing will be substituted in their place; (x) All travel arrangements relating to a Prize must be made through the Sponsor and travel arrangements must be made at least 30 days prior to departure; (xi) The Releasees are not responsible if for any reason whatsoever if the Event is cancelled, delayed or rescheduled or if the winner and their Travel Guest are unable to attend. The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of a Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute a Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a Prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, without advanced notice and liability.
5. PRIZE DRAW: A random draw for two (2) Prizes (the “Prize Draw”) will be held on July 7, 2023 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 10:00 AM ET in Oakville, ON from among all eligible Entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The selected entrants will be contacted by email within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If the selected entrant (a) cannot be reached by email within five (5) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question (see rule 6); (c) fails to complete the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6); or (d) is unable or unwilling to accept a Prize as awarded in full for any reason, then the selected entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. It is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that their information (including a valid email address) associated with their AIR MILES Collector Number is up to date. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant. Each selected entrant is subject to verification of eligibility by the Sponsor and compliance with the Official Rules before receiving the Prize, and the Sponsor’s decisions in this regard are final and binding.
6. CONFIRMATION OF WINNERS: In order to be confirmed a winner, each selected entrant must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to complete a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”) confirming compliance with the Official Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, LoyaltyOne, its dealers, agents, affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with a Prize or this Contest. Release Forms must be completed and submitted within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize may be forfeited. Failure of the Travel Guest to return their Release Form will result in the Travel Guest being disqualified from participation in the Prize. Upon receipt and verification, the winners will be contacted by the Sponsor to begin coordination and fulfilment of their Prize.
7. GENERAL: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor with respect to any aspect of the Contest. Decisions of the Sponsor are final.
8. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. By entering the Contest, each winner consents to the use of his/her name and address (city and province/territory), voice, photograph and/or likeness without further remuneration, in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world in perpetuity, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest.
9. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
10. The Sponsor, LoyaltyOne, Co., and the independent contest organization accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or acceptance of a Prize. Entries that have been falsified, tampered with or altered are void. The Sponsor, LoyaltyOne, Co., and the independent contest organization do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the province of Québec to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie to cancel the Contest and conduct a draw from all previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor and the independent contest organization shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
12. For Québec residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. The Sponsor respects each entrant’s right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Contest and, only if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants with information regarding upcoming promotions and/or events from the Sponsor. If entrants provide consent when entering the Contest, entrants consent to the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information as set out in the Sponsor’s privacy statement, which is available at: https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/privacy.html
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.