Apply for Funding
Shell provides funding for community projects and initiatives that are located near our facilities and exploration interests throughout Canada. By investing in the themes below, we work to address concerns and positively impact the community.
Application deadlines for 2019
Shell Canada is proud to support a variety of community and national initiatives that benefit neighboring communities.
|Deadline dates||Deadline details|
|February 15th||Applications submitted from January 2nd – February 15th will be reviewed starting February 16th. |
Applications received after February 15th will be reviewed after the next deadline, April 15th.
|April 15th|| |
Applications submitted from February 16th- April 15th will be reviewed starting April 16th.
Applications received after April 15th will be reviewed after the next deadline, June 15th.
|June 15th||Applications submitted from April 16th – June 15th will be reviewed starting June 16th. |
Applications received after June 15th will be reviewed after the next deadline, October 15th.
|October 15th|| |
Applications submitted from June 16th – October 15th will be reviewed starting October 16th.
This will be the final date for submissions in 2019.
Shell’s social investment program does not fund the following:
- Individuals or individual pursuits
- Golf tournaments, hockey tournaments, tennis, fishing or other sporting tournaments
- Sports – professional, recreational or minor sports teams
- For-profit organizations
- Trips, tours, and travel expenses
- Third party fundraiser or fundraising events
- Conferences, forums, trade shows, conventions, seminars (unless industry-related)
- Religious causes that do not serve the general public on a non-denominational basis
- Advertising, film, video, television and book productions
- Private foundations
- Fraternal and labour organizations/service clubs
- Private (fee-based) elementary or secondary schools
- Political parties or lobby groups
- Projects where benefits occur outside Canada (see below for other funding options)
Projects Outside of Canada
Please contact the Shell company in your country or visit the Shell Foundation website.
more in sustainability
We aim to be a good neighbour wherever we work, by contributing to the well-being of neighbouring communities. We do so by working together to manage the social impacts of our business activities, address any concerns about our operations, and enhance the benefits that we are able to bring.