FORT MCMURRAY FIRE EVACUEE INFORMATION & RESOURCES
Status Update - May 18, 2016 at 1 p.m. MST
In an effort to keep employees up-to-date as the situation in Fort McMurray progresses, this page will be updated as new information comes available.
- At this time the mandatory evacuation order north of Fort McMurray has not been extended to include the Shell Albian Sands site. We will continue to stay in close contact with the Government of Alberta regarding any changes to the evacuation order and will activate our wildfire emergency response plan to evacuate our people if necessary.
- The Albian site remains safe and secure.
- Air quality at site is being continuously monitored and remains at a safe level.
- Only essential staff needed for safe operation of Albian are on site. Please contact your supervisor for the latest information on shifts and to ensure you have the most up to date information as it relates to support available.
- Effective Tuesday, May 17, we have decommissioned the Shell Canada Family Support Line (Kenyon) call centre as call volume has steadily decreased. For further information on Shell-employee specific resources including the number to the HR Service Desk, please contact your supervisor or your Human Resources Account Manager.
Did you leave your car at Shell Albian Village when you evacuated Fort McMurray?
- For anyone who left their personal vehicle behind at Shell Albian Sands we are planning to charter flights from Calgary and Edmonton to reunite owners with their vehicles. We have postponed the chartered flights back to Albian this week due to the current situation taking place north of Fort McMurray. We will communicate new flight details when we have them. Please regularly check shell.ca/help for more details.
- To register for a flight back to site, please fill out the Vehicle Retrieval Form here: https://goo.gl/JQSXo7