Employee Help Site
Shell Canada wants to ensure you are safe during an emergency.
FORT MCMURRAY FIRE EVACUEE INFORMATION & RESOURCES
Status Update - May 18, 2016 at 1 p.m. MST
In an effort to keep employees up-to-date as the situation in Fort McMurray progresses, this page will be updated as new information comes available.
- At this time the mandatory evacuation order north of Fort McMurray has not been extended to include the Shell Albian Sands site. We will continue to stay in close contact with the Government of Alberta regarding any changes to the evacuation order and will activate our wildfire emergency response plan to evacuate our people if necessary.
- The Albian site remains safe and secure.
- Air quality at site is being continuously monitored and remains at a safe level.
- Only essential staff needed for safe operation of Albian are on site. Please contact your supervisor for the latest information on shifts and to ensure you have the most up to date information as it relates to support available.
- Effective Tuesday, May 17, we have decommissioned the Shell Canada Family Support Line (Kenyon) call centre as call volume has steadily decreased. For further information on Shell-employee specific resources including the number to the HR Service Desk, please contact your supervisor or your Human Resources Account Manager.
Did you leave your car at Shell Albian Village when you evacuated Fort McMurray?
- For anyone who left their personal vehicle behind at Shell Albian Sands we are planning to charter flights from Calgary and Edmonton to reunite owners with their vehicles. We have postponed the chartered flights back to Albian this week due to the current situation taking place north of Fort McMurray. We will communicate new flight details when we have them. Please regularly check shell.ca/help for more details.
- To register for a flight back to site, please fill out the Vehicle Retrieval Form here: https://goo.gl/JQSXo7
SUPPORT RESOURCES & CONTACTS
Shell Employee Emergency Information Line (EEIL)
Information line providing recorded updates (mailbox not monitored).
Shell Media Relations
Reporters and editors should be directed to call or email Shell Canada media relations.
EMERGENCY SHELTER/ RED CROSS FAMILY REUNIFICATION INFORMATION
Red Cross Family Reunification Line
All evacuees should register with Red Cross. Additionally, they will support family reunification requests.
Northlands Expo Centre,
7515 118 Ave NW, Edmonton;
Phone: (780) 471-7210
Lac La Biche
Lac La Biche Bold Centre, 8702 91 Ave.
Centennial Recreation Centre, 4802 53 Ave.
Omniplex, 5737 45 Ave.
Smokey Lake Arena, 4612 54 Ave
- SAIT Residence Tower, 151 Dr. Carpenter Circle NW
- University of Calgary, Reception – Dining Centre, 124 University Gate NW
- Ambrose College, 150 Ambrose Circle SW
- Mount Royal University, 200 Mount Royal Circle SW
Other Accommodation Information
The following pages have been established in the community to connect people who have resources and accommodation with those in need:
Employment Verification Letter
Employees that require an Employment Verification Letter need to contact the HR Service Desk (HRSD). Employees requiring the contact information for the HRSD are asked to contact their supervisor or Human Resources Account Manager.
The Government of Alberta will provide emergency financial assistance of $1,250 per adult and $500 per dependant to help meet immediate needs.
Red Cross Support
The Red Cross will provide emergency financial assistance of $600 per adult and $300 per child registered with the Red Cross.
Insurance Information & Links
Providing insurance information and resources for FMM and surrounding area.
Shell Credit Union
Shell Credit Union has services available for employees affected by the Fort McMurray wildfire. For more details around support, contact the Shell Credit Union directly.
FAMILY & PET RESOURCES
Provides information on replacing photo identification
FMM School Registration
Provides information and resources for students that have been displaced from their homes and identifies other cities that are accepting registration into the public schools.
Provides information and resources for students that have been displaced from their homes and identifies other cities that are accepting registration into the Catholic schools.
Family & Pet Resources
Support in finding pets that were left behind
General Evacuee Information
CBC News site that provides information and links to business in Alberta that are providing food, storage, entertainment offerings to displaced residents.
Fort McMurray Recovers
This site is designed to facilitate community preparedness and recovery. Residents can request help or sign up to donate and volunteer.
Government of Alberta Emergency Updates
Updates and information on the Fort McMurray and other Alberta wildfires, evacuation and other information related to this event.