1. What is Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline?
New Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline is an innovative new premium formulation that provides the BEST TOTAL engine protection you can get. It delivers unbeatable protection against gunk and corrosion and superior protection against wear.
2. What is gunk?
Engine gunk or carbon deposits acts like a sponge, absorbing and trapping gasoline, and making combustion less efficient. Industry data indicates that a cleaner engine can perform as originally designed, making it more fuel efficient with lower emissions. All Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines, including Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline, contain an exclusive formula designed to actively protect against performance-robbing gunk in all three grades. Tested against competitors’ premium fuels, using industry standard tests, Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline delivered unbeatable protection against gunk.
3. What is corrosion?
Corrosion is caused by moisture and other contaminants that can make their way into a vehicle’s fuel tank. It can impact the fuel pump, fuel lines, and fuel injectors. Furthermore, formation of particles from corrosive processes such as rusting of steel surfaces can contribute to the blockage of fuel filters, impacting overall vehicle operation. Tested against competitors’ premium fuels, using industry standard tests, Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline delivered unbeatable protection against corrosion.
4. What is wear?
Wear can occur when two metal surfaces rub together leading to loss of metal from those surfaces. For example, two metal surfaces sliding against one another, such as a piston moving up and down against the cylinder wall of an internal combustion engine. Abrasive wear in the piston assembly occurs slowly over time, with potential detrimental effects including higher oil consumption, loss of power and higher emissions.
Moving parts in the fuel system (fuel pumps, fuel injectors) are subject to wear, as are many engine components. Tested against competitors’ premium fuels, using industry standard tests, New Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline delivered superior protection against wear.
5. How was new Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline tested?
We test our formulations in industry standard laboratory procedures and bench engines, and in a range of popular vehicles found on the road today. We have clocked more than half a million equivalent miles of testing, which includes various conventional and modern vehicles, such as those equipped with turbo-chargers, direct-fuel injection, and flex-fuel vehicles.
6. Why did Shell decide to develop Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline?
Forty percent of today’s current new automobile models coming off production lines are designed for premium fuels and these numbers are only expected to grow. In addition, 20% of all Shell consumers buy premium, but 80% of these consumers believe all premiums are the same. We launched Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline so we could address this growing consumer demand in the industry and differentiate Shell from other premiums.
7. What makes Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline different than other Shell grades?
Shell V-Power NiTRO+ contains the highest concentration of the Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System and cleans up faster than Shell regular. In fact, Shell V-Power now contains seven times the amount of cleaning agents required by federal standards. The new Shell V-Power NiTRO+ formulation contains an innovative combination of two key cleaning agents that work together in harmony to provide the BEST TOTAL engine protection you can get. It provides unbeatable protection against gunk and corrosion, and superior protection against wear.
8. Is Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline suitable for motorbikes?
Yes. Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline is effective in all gasoline-powered engines found in conventional, modern and hybrid vehicles as well as motorcycles.
9. What is the nature of the new BMW relationship and why do they endorse Shell V-Power NiTRO+?*
In 2015, Shell and BMW announced an exciting new relationship. In its endorsement, BMW recommends that Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline for the BMW M class vehicle to get the best performance out of their vehicle. Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline is the only premium fuel recommended by BMW M.
10. How is Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline different than Shell Bronze and Shell Silver grades?
- Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline is Shell’s highest octane gasoline.
- Shell V-Power NiTRO+ is the best, most advanced Shell gasoline offering the best total engine protection you can get.
- Shell V-Power NiTRO+ provides unbeatable protection against gunk and corrosion. Superior protection against wear.
- Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline removes an average of 60% of performance-robbing gunk on intake valves left behind by lower quality premium gasolines. And it starts with your very first tank.
11. Is Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline safe for all vehicles?
- Shell V-Power NiTRO+ is effective in all gasoline-powered engines found in conventional, modern and hybrid vehicles as well as motorcycles, snowmobiles, and leisure marine vehicles.
- Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline in Canada does not contain ethanol.
12. What is the octane rating of Shell V-Power NiTRO+ gasoline?
The octane level of Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline is 91. The octane rating tells you its anti-knock abilities - or how it will prevent engine knocking. It's important to point out however that octane is not the only factor to consider when choosing a gasoline. The benefits of Shell V-Power NiTRO+ gasoline, for example, go beyond high octane. Shell V-Power NiTRO+ is the best total engine protection you can get.
13. Does a vehicle benefit from increased octane?
Different vehicles require different levels of octane. To determine the appropriate octane level for your vehicle, check your owner's manual for the manufacturer's recommendation. It is important, however to note that not all premium gasolines are the same. Just like using lower quality regular gasoline can lead to gunky build-up, using lower quality premium gasolines can have the same impact on your engine.
Using a high-quality premium gasoline can provide benefits that go beyond octane. For example, Shell V-Power NiTRO+ gasoline is our best gasoline designed to clean up faster than Shell Bronze gasoline and deliver optimum performance.
14. What is the link between Shell and the Ferrari Formula One Racing Team?
Shell began its technical partnership with Enzo Ferrari in the 1930s and in 1947 the first Ferrari drove out of the factory gates in Maranello, Italy, powered by Shell gasoline. Every time you see the red Formula One Ferrari race car making its way around the circuit, it is powered by fuel specially developed, manufactured and supplied by Shell.
As Scuderia Ferrari's fuel technology consultant, we have developed expertise and knowledge in matching the correct fuel to new engine designs and technical developments made by Ferrari. This ability is well recognized as being an essential element of their winning team. In fact, the Shell scientists who work with the Ferrari engineers at the track are the same people who are driving developments for Shell road fuels. The Ferrari relationship reiterates our commitment and passion to bringing technologically advanced fuels to our customers. Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline is inspired by technology innovations for Scuderia Ferrari.
15. Does Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline meet the TOP TIER Gasoline?
Shell V-Power NiTRO+ premium gasoline exceeds the TOP TIER Gasoline Detergent Standard and is Top Tier certified. For more information, visit: www.shell.ca/en/products-services/shell-for-drivers/fuels/toptier